The nice thing about a three day weekend is having the time to be creative. I actually found time to make these earrings. It’s the first thing I’ve done outside of a class in a the last month or so. I did realize that I need a new soldering iron. Mine does not stay hot. I have to wait for it to re-heat after every use. It’s not very convenient and it also doesn’t allow for a good bead of solder. The iron that I have is at least 10 years old and was the cheapest iron for sale. I think now that I’m actually starting to create more jewelry, it’s time to move on up.
The back side of the earrings also has these cute little dogs. I borrowed the idea from a friend (Thanks Diana!) to attach the wire to the edges of the piece instead of in the middle. It’s much easier this way and I think it looks much nicer. I did come up with the idea of putting a bead on the wire. I really like how this looks. I think it will be my signature look.
I also made this piece. I actually cut glass and foiled about 6 different pieces, but since my soldering iron was so bad, I just didn’t have the patience to continue soldering. As you can see, I still need to clean this piece.
This is the back side of the piece above. I need to work on better lighting. Greg is talking about building me this photo studio. I think it will really help show case my pieces better. I did get out my macro lens that fits onto my digital Canon A40. It’s amazing how well the macro lens works. I need to practice with it a lot more.